Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera summary
- Review Title: Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
- Available Models: Olympus OM System OM-1 Interchangeable Lens Camera, Olympus E-M1X interchangeable lens camera, Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera, Olympus E-M5 Mark III interchangeable lens camera, Olympus E-M10 Mark IV mirrorless camera, Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
- Review Category: #Olympus #InterchangeableLensCamera
- Price Range: – (where 1 is very cheap and 5 is very expensive based on a comparison of products in the same category)
- Price: –
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera product highlights
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III is a user-friendly interchangeable lens camera that delivers high-quality images, featuring reliable 5-axis image stabilization to minimize camera shake and ensure stunning photos in any situation.
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera product highlights:
- Blur-free High Image Quality
- Classic Design
- Automatic Shooting Functions
- Fast Touch AF
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera features
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III features 5-axis image stabilization, ensuring sharp and high-quality images by reducing camera shake in any situation.
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera blur-free high image quality:
- Top-class stabilization performance: In-body 5-axis image stabilization suppresses camera shake, enabling clear photos in low-light, night, and telephoto shooting.
- Reduces camera shake no matter the lens: The system compensates for camera roll and shifting, providing stabilization regardless of the lens attached.
- Capture beautiful handheld 4K video: The camera’s 5-axis image stabilization allows for smooth 4K video recording and extraction of still images from videos.
- Supporting lens, imaging sensor, and image processor: The TruePic VIII image processor, used in the flagship E-M1 Mark II, ensures high-quality images even in dark conditions, with the 5-axis image stabilization preventing blur.
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera features a classic and easy-to-use design, making it portable, compact, and lightweight for effortless photography.
- Sophisticated body design: Each detail is designed for ease of use, featuring a comfortable grip, large dials, arrow pad for quick function access, and default functions on Fn1/Fn2 buttons.
- Compact, lightweight design: Weighing just 410g (CIPA compliant), it’s significantly smaller and lighter than other SLR cameras, offering high portability.
- CS-51B Genuine Leather Body Jacket: A specific genuine leather body jacket for the E-M10 Mark III, creating a unified look when paired with CSS-L109LL II Genuine Leather Strap and LC-60.5GL Genuine Leather Lens Jacket.
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera more features
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is versatile with its tilting touch panel LCD monitor, electronic viewfinder, and built-in flash, ensuring it delivers in any photo opportunity.
- Touch panel for intuitive control: The tilting touch panel LCD monitor allows easy touch operations like a smartphone, changing settings, and adjusting the focus target position effortlessly.
- Tilting LCD for easy low and high angles: Adjust the angle of the tilting LCD for comfortable shooting at low or high angles without straining.
- EVF for accurate scene capturing: The 2.36-million-dot electronic viewfinder displays the same view as the rear monitor with 100% field of view, ensuring accurate composition.
- Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera has built-in flash for capturing people and backgrounds: The pop-up flash is useful in scenes with high contrast variations, illuminating subjects against a nightscape or backlit daytime scenes.
- Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera has shortcut button for quick access to shooting settings: Press the shortcut button to access mode selection or shooting settings conveniently.
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera offers a comprehensive range of automatic shooting features, enabling even novice users of interchangeable lens cameras to effortlessly create creative and stunning photos.
- Four shooting modes: Auto, Scene, Advanced Photo, and Art Filter, providing flexibility for creative photography.
- Advanced Auto mode: Leave detailed settings to the camera, capturing beautiful photos with 5-axis image stabilization and TruePic VIII image processor.
- Improved Scene mode: Choose from six themes for optimal settings in various scenes, simplifying the shooting process.
- Advanced Photo mode: Easily achieve artistic photos with techniques like Live Composite, Multi Exposure, and Live Time.
- Impressive Art Filter: Choose from 15 options, including the new Bleach Bypass, adding an artistic touch to everyday scenes.
- New Art Filter – Bleach Bypass: Reproduces the film processing effect for edgy cityscapes and enhanced metallic textures in cars or aircraft.
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera advantages
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera features a super-fast AF system that instantly focuses on subjects, guaranteeing you never miss a moment with its easy and efficient operation.
- Touch AF Shutter for intuitive control: Focus and shoot by simply touching the subject on the screen, providing easy and intuitive operation.
- 121-point AF for a wide focusing area: The 121-point AF system from the E-M1 Mark II ensures a larger focus area, displaying green focusing frames when using S-AF (All Target).
- Face/Eye Priority AF: Detects and focuses on the subject’s face or eye closer to the camera, enhancing portrait shots.
- C-AF focuses continuously on moving subjects: AF continuously functions when the shutter button is halfway pressed, ensuring sharp focus on moving subjects.
- 8.6-fps high-speed sequential shooting: Capture split-second expressions with the camera’s 8.6-fps high-speed sequential shooting capability, ideal for fast-moving subjects.
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera comes with built-in Wi-Fi, allowing users to effortlessly import photos to a smartphone and share them with family and friends.
- Olympus Image Share app for easy connection: Built-in Wi-Fi and OI.Share smartphone app allow seamless connection, importing photos, and adding location information.
- Easy connection using a QR code: Simply scan the camera’s QR code on the smartphone for quick setup.
- Instant transfer and sharing: Transfer photos and videos to smartphones instantly, making it easy to share on social media.
- Add GPS information to photos: Utilize smartphone GPS data to add location information to photos and display them along with map data.
- Shoot remotely from a smartphone: Use the OI.Share app’s remote shooting feature for group photos or to confirm composition and release the shutter from the smartphone.
Our final opinion about Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
Our final opinion about Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is that it is an excellent choice for anyone who is looking for a simple and straightforward camera that takes great photos and videos. The E-M10 Mark III is well built, intuitive to use, has a great selection of features, and provides great image quality. We highly recommend the Olympus E-M10 Mark III to anyone looking for a mid-range DSLR camera.
FAQ - Frequently asked question about Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera?
Yes, the Olympus E-M10 Mark III is a good interchangeable lens camera. It features a high resolution 20-megapixel live MOS sensor, a 3.0-inch tilting monitor, 4k video recording, 5-axis image stabilization and an impressive 121-point contrast AF. It is an excellent choice for beginners who are looking to take the next step up in photography.
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is a great choice for photographers of any skill level. It’s lightweight and compact, yet packs a punch in the features department. It has an advanced image stabilization system, an improved face detect system, 4K video recording, and a whole host of other features that make it a great choice for experienced and everyday users alike.
This camera also has a huge selection of quality lens options to choose from, meaning it can be adapted for a variety of photography genres, from portrait to landscape. Whether you’re a beginner or professional, the Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera has something for you.
The Olympus E-M10 Mark III is a great choice for novice photographers or those looking for a reliable and versatile camera for their next shoot. It features a 20-megapixel Micro Four Thirds Live MOS sensor, a 5-axis image stabilization system, and 121-point autofocus system. With its powerful features and compact size this camera is suitable for a range of photography applications such as travel, sports, and documentary, and it is an ideal camera for those who want to have an interchangeable lens camera.
Overall, customer reviews of the Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera are generally positive. Users praise the camera’s high-quality image and video quality, good battery life, and easy-to-use controls. Additionally, many appreciate its light and compact body, and its intuitive menu system.
Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera technical specifications
|Product type||Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens system camera|
|Memory||SD (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I, UHS-II, Eye-Fi Cardcompatible)|
|Sensor size||17.3 mm x 13.0 mm|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Product type||4/3 Live MOS Sensor|
|Number of pixels / aspect ratio||Number of effective pixels : Approx. 16.1 million pixels Total number of pixels : Approx. 17.2 million pixels Aspect ratio : 1.33 (4:3)|
|Dust reduction||Supersonic Wave Filter (image sensor dust reduction system)|
Still Photo Recording
|Recording format||DCF2.0, Exif 2.3|
|File format||RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW + JPEG|
|Recording image size||[RAW] 4608 x 3456 pixels [JPEG] 4608 x 3456 pixels to 1280 x 960 pixels|
Image Stabilisation System
|Type||Built-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation for video and still photos (compensates for yaw, pitch, roll, vertical shift, horizontal shift)|
|Modes||S-IS ON(AUTO), OFF|
|Live View image stabilisation||Activation by half-pressing shutter button or enlarging view|
|Focal length setting||Input focal length: 0.1 to 1000 mm (0.1 step)|
|Stabilisation performance||4.0 EV steps[*]|
|Available manual focal length setting||Input focal length: 0.1 to 1000 mm (0.1 step)|
|Finder type||Eye-level OLED viewfinder, approx. 2.36 M-dot|
|Field of view / Viewfinder magnification||Approx. 100% / Approx.1.23x (50mm lens, Infinity, -1m-1)|
|Eye point / Diopter adjustment range||Approx. 19.2mm (-1m-1, Distance from rear lens surface) / -4 to +2m-1|
|Preview||Live View preview|
|Display Grid||Off / normal grid / trichotomy /golden grid / scale / diagonal / movie grid|
|Level Gauge||2-axis (horizontal/vertical) level gauge|
|Brightness and Colour Temperature Control||Adaptive brightness technology, ±2 level manual control /±3 level manual control|
|Eyecup||EP-16 eyecup is available separately|
|Live View||Approx. 100% field of view, exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview, gradation preview, face detection preview (up to 8 faces), grid line, magnification display (x3/x5/x7/x10/x14), Display modes: Standard, Histogram, Highlight & Shadow, Level Gauge, Off (Image only)|
|Preview||Live View preview|
|Live View Boost||With|
|Monitor type||3.0-inch tilting monitor[*]|
|Touch control||Shutter release, AF area selection, AF area size adjustment, AF touch pad, frame forward/backward, magnified playback, Live Guide, Super Control Panel, Art Filter, Scene, Wi-Fi connection, video controls, video effects, video teleconverter|
|Tilting capability||Upward tilting angle: up to 85 degrees Downward tilting angle: up to 45 degrees|
|Brightness / Colour temperature control||±7 levels / ±7 levels|
|Colour tone select||Vivid / Natural|
|AF system||High-speed imager AF|
|Focusing point||121-point contrast AF|
|Focusing point selection mode||All target, group target (9-area), single target|
|Focus mode||Single AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF)/ Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF tracking (C-AF + TR)|
|AF targeting pad||Yes (activate/deactivate with double tap on rear monitor)|
|Magnified frame AF||3x, 5x, 7x, 10x, 14x|
|Super spot AF||Yes[*](Contrast AF in centre of the monitor when magnified)|
|Face detection AF / Eye detection AF||With Eye detection AF mode: off / nearer-eye priority|
|Manual focus assist||Focus ring rotation activates Live View image magnification and/or focus peaking when in S-AF+MF or MF mode|
|Peaking function||Activate with Fn button or focus ring Change peaking settings using the Info button Colour selection: white, black, red, yellow|
Exposure Control (Still)
|Metering system (TTL Image Sensor Metering)||Digital ESP metering (324-area multi pattern metering), centre-weighted average metering, spot metering, spot metering with highlight control, spot metering with shadow control|
|Metering range||EV -2 ~ 20 (using F2.8 lens, ISO100)|
|Exposure mode / Shooting mode||Auto (Live Guide can be used) , P: Program AE (program shift can be performed), A: Aperture Priority AE, S: Shutter Priority AE, M: Manual (Live Bulb, Live Time and Live Composite are available), Scene Select AE, Advanced Photo AE, Art Filter|
|Scene select AE||[Advanced Photo]
Live Composite, Live Bulb, Multiple Exposure, HDR Backlight, Silent, Panorama, Keystone Compensation, AE Bracketing, Focus Bracketing
(Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape + Portrait, Night + Portrait, Children, Night scene, Sport, Hand-held Starlight, Fireworks, Light trails, Sports, Panning, Landscape, Sunset, Beach & Snow, Backlight HDR, Candlelight, Silent, Macro, Nature Macro, Documents, Multi Focus Shot)|
|Live Guide||Saturation, Colour, Brightness, Background Blur, Expressing Motion, Shooting Tips|
|ISO sensitivity||AUTO ISO (default): LOW (approx.100) ‐ 6400 with customizable upper limit (200 to 25600) Manual ISO: LOW (approx.100), 200 to 25600 (adjustable in 1/3 steps)|
|Exposure compensation||±5 EV, adjustable by 1/3 EV steps When shooting in HDR or in video, only adjustable up to ±3 EV steps Live View only reflects up to ±3 EV steps|
|AE lock||Locks with a half-press of the shutter button, AEL / AFL button (can be set to Fn button as well)|
|Shutter type||Focal-plane shutter (mechanical and electronic shutter)/ 1/4000 to 60 sec., with 1/3 EV adjustment steps Live Bulb/Live Time: Max. 30 min. (selectable in menu settings, with 8-min. default setting) Live composite: Max. 3 hours Electronic first curtain shutter (Anti-shock mode) : 1/320 to 60 sec. Electronic shutter (Silent mode): 1/16000 – 60 sec.|