Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera summary
- Review Title: Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
- Available Models: Olympus OM System OM-1 Interchangeable Lens Camera, Olympus E-M1X interchangeable lens camera, Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera, Olympus E-M5 Mark III interchangeable lens camera, Olympus E-M10 Mark IV mirrorless camera, Olympus E-M10 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
- Review Category: #Olympus #InterchangeableLensCamera
- Price Range: – (where 1 is very cheap and 5 is very expensive based on a comparison of products in the same category)
- Price: –
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera product highlights
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III, the latest iteration of the admired OM-D E-M1 series, is a professional interchangeable lens camera designed for photographers who value compactness, lightweight, and reliability. With a weatherproof construction, it boasts the world’s best image stabilization, compensating up to 7.5 shutter speed steps, and features the new TruePic IX image processing engine, enabling impressive functions like the 50MP handheld High Res shot and Live ND.
Coupled with the best AF performance in the OM-D series and a maximum 18 fps AF/AE tracking burst, the Olympus E-M1 Mark III excels at capturing the perfect moments in any shooting scenario.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera product highlights:
- Absolute compact & lightweight system and top-level high-quality image in interchangeable lens cameras
- Absolute Reliability
- Advanced AF system and high-speed performance
- Various Creative Features
- System Expandability
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera features
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III is an absolute compact and lightweight interchangeable lens camera that minimizes stress for photographers, featuring the world’s best image stabilization compensating up to 7.5 shutter speed steps and a new imaging processor, TruePic IX, enabling top-class high-quality images. With the 50MP Handheld High Res Shot and Live ND, this camera provides excellent image quality and greater flexibility in a minimal system.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera absolute compact & lightweight system:
- Excellent portability achieved through the Micro Four-thirds mirrorless format, making the Olympus E-M1 Mark III compact and lightweight while maintaining high image quality and performance.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera offers less stress for photographers with the compact & lightweight system, allowing easy carrying, approaching subjects, and handholding for longer periods.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is the world’s best 7.5 steps image stabilization, providing up to 7.0 steps of in-body IS compensation and up to 7.5 steps with 5-axis sync IS with compatible lenses.
- Stunning “No blur for 4 seconds” capability enables handheld shooting in dark environments or with telephoto lenses, eliminating the need for a tripod.
- Utilization of M.Zuiko PRO Lenses and the new image processing engine, TruePic IX, extracting high optical performance and top-class image quality in DSLR.
- 50MP Handheld High Res Shot and Tripod High Res Shot modes offer high-resolution images and noise reduction up to 2.0 steps of ISO sensitivity.
- Live ND feature extends exposure time virtually, providing slow shutter speed effects without the need for physical ND filters.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera offers excellent grip design ensures superior ergonomics and comfortable handling for photographers.
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III’s compact and lightweight magnesium alloy body, along with its dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof performance, ensures high basic performance and reliability, catering to the needs of demanding photographers across various shooting scenarios, granting them greater shooting freedom.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera absolute reliability:
- Dustproof / Splashproof / Freezeproof Performance:
- Solid magnesium alloy body with dustproof, splashproof, and -10℃ freezeproof capabilities.
- Enables shooting in challenging weather conditions and harsh environments.
- Works seamlessly with dustproof / splashproof M.Zuiko PRO lenses for worry-free shooting in rain and dust-filled locations.
- Power Supply Compatibility with USB Power Delivery Standard:
- Supports USB charging, allowing for convenient power supply from a power bank while on the move.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is compatible with USB PD standard for up to 100W power supply, enabling fast battery charging in just two hours.
- Ideal for extended shooting sessions outdoors or in cold conditions without access to a power source.
- Industry-leading Dust Reduction System:
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is equipped with the Supersonic Wave Filter (SSWF) vibrating at over 30,000 times per second.
- Instantly removes dirt and dust when swapping lenses, ensuring clean image sensor surfaces.
- Pioneered by Olympus with a proven track record of reliability, enhanced by a new coating for even better dust reduction.
- High Durability Shutter Unit:
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is rated for 400,000 operations, catering to professional photographers shooting in demanding environments.
- Ensures reliable and long-lasting performance even during intensive use.
- LV Boost:
- Adjustable brightness of the Live View (LV) display for better visibility in different lighting conditions.
- LV Display Speed Priority in LV Boost [On2] enhances subject visibility in dark scenes, such as night photography.
- Better & Flexible User Interface:
- Four Custom modes allow users to customize settings based on shooting preferences.
- New control panel mode offers quick access to essential camera settings at a glance, improving usability.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera more features
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III features an advanced AF system with AF/AE tracking at 18fps for capturing fast-moving subjects. The multi selector allows smooth AF target movement, and the new “Starry Sky AF” enables accurate autofocus for stars in the night sky. Face priority / eye priority AF have also been improved for better detection and tracking performance.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera advanced AF system and high-speed performance:
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III camera is equipped with a 121-point All Cross-type On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor, detecting lines both horizontally and vertically for high-precision subject tracking.
- Maximum 18 fps AF/AE Tracking Sequential Shooting captures fast-moving subjects accurately, with Live View display supported during sequential shooting.
- Maximum 60 fps AF/AE Lock Sequential Shooting allows capturing split-second moments at full resolution.
- Multi selector enables quick AF point movement for better composition, and a new setting for cursor movement is added.
- Starry Sky AF features a dedicated algorithm for autofocus on stars in astrophotography, offering stunning accuracy and two modes for different shooting situations.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera offers advanced Face Priority / Eye Priority AF enhances detection accuracy and tracking performance for faces and eyes.
- AF Target Mode offers 6 types of AF targets, and C-AF Centre Priority can be turned on/off for assisting autofocus in the peripheral areas.
- Custom AF Target Mode allows customization of AF area based on the subject’s behavior.
- C-AF Sensitivity Settings can be adjusted in five levels to optimize tracking sensitivity.
- AF Limiter lets users set AF operating range for precise focusing.
- AF customizations enable setting AF Target options and positions in both horizontal and vertical shooting positions, with C-AF + MF available for quick switching to manual focus.
- AF low intensity limit of -6EV provides high-precision focusing in dark and low-contrast conditions.
- Other versatile focus features include Moving-subject-tracking cluster display, Super Spot AF, and Focus Peaking for enhanced manual focusing.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera advantages
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III camera offers Pro Capture mode, 4K high-quality handheld video shooting with OM-Log, Hi-Res Audio recording with PCM recorder, and versatile dustproof/splashproof/freezeproof accessories, providing expanded imaging possibilities and shooting flexibility.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera various creative features:
- Pro Capture mode allows capturing up to 35 frames retroactively from the moment of release, ensuring no missed shots with no frame blackout.
- Live Composite, Live Bulb, and Live Time offer versatile long exposure shooting options for creative imaging.
- Interval Shooting supports up to 9,999 frames, allowing for extended time-lapse sequences.
- Focus Stacking and Focus Bracketing enable precise control over depth of field and sharpness in images.
- Silent mode ensures noiseless shooting in quiet environments like concert halls.
- Dual Card Slots provide flexible storage options with various recording modes.
- In-body Fisheye Compensation corrects the fisheye effect and allows use as a wide-angle lens.
- Keystone Compensation provides the effect of using a shift lens for perspective correction.
- High-Speed Viewfinder with Optical Viewfinder Simulation offers smooth tracking for fast-moving subjects.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera has Anti-Flicker Shooting and Flicker Scan reduce flickering effects under artificial lighting in both images and videos.
- Handheld 4K/Cinema4K Shooting with powerful M-IS1 image stabilization enables steady video recording.
- OM-Log mode and RAW video data output facilitate professional color grading and post-production tasks.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera Advanced AF for video shooting with customizable settings ensures precise focusing during video recording.
- Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera High-Speed Movie (120fps) offers slow-motion effects for creative video expressions.
- HDMI monitor connection supports authentic video production with greater color correction capabilities.
- Hi-Res sound recording with PCM recorder LS-P4 enhances video recording with high-quality audio.
- Selfie video capabilities with the compact and lightweight system offer easy shooting in various scenarios.
Our final opinion about Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III is an excellent interchangeable lens camera that is perfect for both beginners and experienced photographers. It offers superior image quality, excellent low light performance, and an array of features that will make your photos look stunning. The electronic shutter can help you avoid camera blur and the dual SD card slots make it easy to keep your photos safe. Overall, we highly recommend the Olympus E-M1 Mark III for any aspiring or experienced photographer looking for a powerful and feature-rich interchangeable lens camera.
FAQ - Frequently asked question about Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera?
Yes, the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III is a very good interchangeable lens camera. It offers excellent image quality, high speed movie 120fps (1920 x 1080 / MOV), in-body image stabilization, 4K video recording, and a great set of lenses to choose from. It also has improved autofocus performance and updated electronic features like a live-ND mode that is great for long exposure photography.
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera is the perfect option for photographers who are looking for a lightweight, compact camera that takes beautiful images and videos with every click. This camera offers advanced features such as high-speed imager AF, Pro Capture and rapid shooting, 20.4 Megapixel Live MOS sensor, 5 Axis Sync IS image stabilization, and more.
With the Olympus E-M1 Mark III’s robust design, weatherproof construction, wireless connectivity, and user-friendly menus, it is the perfect camera for professionals and enthusiast photographers alike.
The Olympus E-M1 Mark III is a great choice for photographers who desire the convenience and flexibility of interchangeable lenses for their photography needs. It also provides features like image stabilization, fast autofocus, and a high-resolution sensor. This camera is especially suited for those who like to travel light, and who are looking for a high-quality imaging experience with the flexibility of interchangeable lenses.
Overall, customers seem to be very satisfied with the Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera. Many reviewers have said that it offers excellent image and video quality, good battery life, reliable autofocus, and strong performance, especially for an entry-level camera. The camera has also been praised for its compact size, rugged design, and wide array of features.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera technical specifications
Olympus E-M1 Mark III interchangeable lens camera technical specifications:
|Product type||Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens system camera|
|Memory||Slot 1：SD, SDHC (UHS-I / II), SDXC(UHS-I / II)|
Slot 2：SD, SDHC(UHS-I), SDXC(UHS-I)
|Sensor size||17.4 mm x 13.0 mm (Micro Four Thirds)|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds Mount|
|Image sensor type||4/3 Live MOS Sensor|
|Number of pixels||Number of effective pixels: Approx. 20.4 million pixels|
Total number of pixels: Approx. 21.8 million pixels
|Dust reduction||Supersonic Wave Filter (image sensor dust reduction system)|
Still Photo Recording
|Recording format||DCF2.0, Exif2.31|
|File format||JPEG, RAW(12-bit lossless compression), JPEG+RAW|
|Recording image size||RAW: 5184 x 3888|
JPEG: 5184 x 3888 ~ 1024 x 768
|Dual Slot Settings||Standard, Auto Switch, Dual Independent, Dual Same|
|Folder creation and selection||Available|
Image Stabilization System
|Image stabilization type||Built-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization|
|Image stabilization mode||S-IS AUTO, S-IS1, S-IS2, S-IS3, OFF|
Compensation steps (Body only): 7.0
Compensation steps (Sync IS): 7.5
|5-axis Sync IS|
|Focal length setting|
11 settings: 10 programmable settings (10 lenses)
|Finder type||Eye-level electronic viewfinder, approx. 2.36M dots|
|Field of view / Viewfinder magnification|
Approx. 100% / Approx. 1.30x[*1]~ 1.48x[*2](-1m-1, 50mm lens, Infinity)
|Eye point / Diopter adjustment range||Approx. 21mm (-1m-1, Distance from rear lens surface) / -4 ~ +2m-1|
Off / normal grid / trichotomy /golden grid / scale / diagonal / movie grid
|Level Gauge||2-axis (horizontal/vertical) level gauge|
|Finder Style||3 styles|
|Brightness and Colour Temperature Control||Adaptive brightness technology (EVF Auto Luminance) / ±7 level manual brightness control /±7 level manual colour temperature control|
|S-OVF (Simulated OVF)||Available|
|Optional eyecup||Available (EP-13 Large Eyecup)|
|Monitor type||3.0-inch vari-angle monitor (electrostatic capacitance touch panel), Approx.1037k dots (3:2),|
|Touch control||Shutter release, Touch AF (AF area selection, AF area size adjustment), Face selection by touch operation, AF targeting pad, Frame forward/backward, Magnified playback, Super Control Panel, Wi-Fi connection, Movie controls|
|Tilting capability||Swivel type|
|Brightness / Color temperature control||±7 levels / ±7 levels|
|Color tone select||Vivid, Natural|